(27) From Don't Starve & Terraria To Axie Infinity & the Pixlverse

        Though many big companies and media say VR/AR is an important content of the metaverse, they even say that VR/AR is the base of the Metaverse. However many other people don't think so, VR/AR is good but not a must. It will bring a considerable threshold (mainly on the level of hardware and technology) and certain limitations. 

        As an experienced player, there are many games that can bring me a sense of immersion. Among them, there are both 2D and 3D, but the most important thing in games is not the vision effect, but the clever design and rich gameplay content , especially those sandbox games, often make me forget the time. In this article, I will introduce some sandbox games I have played,talk about the development of Axie Infinity and The Pixlverse, I hope you can get some inspiration.


        I remember the first sandbox game I was exposed to was Don't Starve. This dark humor-themed game made me die many times when I first entered. Later, after playing many times with friends, exploring, and learning online, I gradually on the right way to open it, and gradually began to like various challenging gameplays. 

        I must tell you that this game has a wide range of game fans around the world, and its content and characters are constantly updated. In addition to the content, it also has great openness in gameplay development. I think this is another important factor for its success.


        After Don't Starve, my good friend told Terraria is a good game. My first impression of this 2D pixel game was Low, so when I saw game interface, I immediately shouted that this game is too bad, what's the point for play? 

        However, after my friends persuaded me to experience the game content, I felt that it was getting more and more fun, and I couldn't help pulling my friends to mine, explore, and build together. The success of this game also lies in its rich gameplay, especially the construction part, which has attracted many anchors to share their architectural creations based on game content on media( such as Youtube).


        In 2021, I tried Stardew Valley, which can also be played online together, but I couldn't find a friend to play with me at that time, so I was just playing the simplest game experience based on the questline gameplay. 

        In Stardew Valley, you can build, plant, breed, develop relationships with villagers, gather ingredients and make food. However, playing a game alone always seems so lonely, so a successful game needs good social functions, especially for those large-scale online games.


        Axie Infinity has attracted a large number of players to enter block-chain game project under the topic of Play to earn, and the early players and scholars have made money through the game and obtained benefits, but those who entered the game when the game was the most popular , including myself, are currently in a state of lose. 

        So, I insist that the current card playmode is too monotonous to sustain its economic model in the long term, I have proposed Axie leasing and the introduction of other revenue ways, but so far have not seen Sky Mavis actions.

        We can only wait to see in 2022 if new actions will be on. Because the social function of card gameplay is very weak, now Axie has not obtained the so-called community that it wants to have,who really like the game content.Most of the players just come to make money. When the rhetoric of long term came out again in recent Axie Dev Chat, the feedback from players was very negative, on twitter ,in discord  , full of questions, ridicule, and abuse.

        In the blockchain project, a lot of news is on Discord and Twitter, and the continuous decline of SLP has made many late comers complain that they were fooled. Every day in my spare time, I go to discord and twitter to see if I can get some important new news about the game, but unfortunately, I don't get too many valuable new things about Axie Inifnity at the moment. 

        It happened at this time that I saw a video of an island of the Pixlverse shared by some people on Twitter, this video is really simple and interesting, so it caught my eyes at once. I think it may like Terraria and Stardew Vally, then I started to study the content of this project.

        The Pixlverse is a pixel game world based on Sappy Seals. The NFT of Sappy Seals can be staked on its official website. I think that among so many NFT projects on Opensea, the birth and development of the Pixelverse will bring Sappy Seals game functions other than display functions. And this will further increase its popularity and community vitality.

        I also talked with the marketing lead of the project (twitter @wabdoteth), he is full of confidence in the future development. So I think Sappy Seals and Pixelverse already have some important conditions for success, its bright future can be expected. About the development of the metaverse, I have written another article for Axie. In fact, the Sappy Seals project take a reference. Here is a link: What can Axie Infinity do before the advent of the metaverse?

        Compared to Axie Infinity's card gameplay, I see that the Pixlverse has a lot about creation and construction, so I think if Axie Infinity can't release new gameplay in 2022, then when the Pixlverse releases more new game content, it even gets a chance to have more fans than Aixe. 



        However, I don't know what the gas fee for the Pixlverse, and on Ethereum, gas fees can be prohibitive for a lot of people. As a 2D pixel game, its content development time period will be shorter than Axie Infinity, this is really an advantage. Compared with VR/AR, which requires hardware, rich gameplay content and social functions are the keys to the success of all metaverse project.

        In the future, I hope that Axie Infinity and the Pixlverse can have more cooperation. Both are metaverse projects, and they are not strong competition between each other, but more cooperation. Let's look forward to their development and growth together.

        Finally, it is recommended that Axie Infinity and Pixlverse consider that, as blockchain games has spanned regions and crossed national borders,  make some efforts in multi-language support, such as: Chinese, Japanese, German, Russian, etc. And in the future, the team need to have more ways to reward content creators, so as to attract more content creators to join. 
        Good Luck again and again.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

(22) 2022年1月对Axie Infinity发展和当前问题的分析与思考

(6)What can Axie Infinity do before Meta-Universe come true